Project Management Assistant (PMA)
Brightsight is a project organization with over 500 security evaluation projects per year for over 100 customers. Project effort range from a week to several years with a duration normally between a month and a year. Each projects is managed by one of our dedicated project managers (PM). A project manager typically runs 10-20 projects in parallel. A Lead Evaluator is assigned to each project and is delegated responsible for the quality of the evaluation results in the project.
The Project Management Assistant (PMA) is a new function in Brightsight. A PMA is responsible for managing small and low risk projects (approx. 80% of your time) and for supporting other PMs (approx. 20% of your time) with e.g. resource planning and evidence registration system. Besides these activities, the PMA can be assigned for other support activities for (Senior) PMs, e.g. act as a deputy PM during absence.
Because it is a new position, there is more than enough room to give your own position more content and we expect that you, as a PMA professional, will come forward with good proposals.
As a PMA, you are responsible for
- planning and arranging workshops, training and small support ordered by customers
- managing multiple small low risk projects (< 50 hours effort) in parallel across all four departments in Brightsight including:
- contract, scope, hour budget, deliverables and planning
- coordination with customer and Lead Evaluator
- identifying project issues and exceptions
- reporting weekly on the progress and the forecast of projects to the internal customer
- administration of access control of project members for the project files
- a part of resource management of project members
The PMA will be part of the PM Group and will report directly to the Group Manager of the Project Managers.
- 2+ years of PMA experience
- Minimal Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience managing projects with multiple work streams and partners
- Demonstrated experience managing to budgets and project control standards
- Prince2 or equivalent project management qualifications or will be required within 12 months of joining the team
- English language skills are essential, an additional language would be an advantage
- Strong personality and persistent with enough flexibility to get things done
- Strong communication skills and good in maintaining good relations with internal and external contacts
- Strong developed skills to understand complex situations well
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Work which is a meaningful and inspiring experience
- International environment, both colleagues and customers
- We will invest in you, nourish you and value you
- Collaborating with experienced, knowledgeable, experienced colleagues
- A good work / life balance and a culture of respect and being successful
- Occasional international travel for e.g. customer meetings