Location: Madrid (Spain)
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world. SGS’s Cyber Security business unit provides evaluation and certification services to companies around the world. Our laboratories and global network provide specialist Cyber Security testing and certification services for digital products, networked systems and online services. We provide a one-stop-shop approach for all Cyber Security certification matters, offering a comprehensive range of services to help manufacturers and suppliers comply with international, national and industry standards.
The Cyber Security Sales Manager will actively prospect new clients and sell our portfolio of security assessment, testing, evaluation and certification services with a strong focus on products and systems. In addition, the Cyber Security Sales Manager will actively promote the complete portfolio of services covering network security, business processes and data integrity. The territory for this position will be France, the Iberian peninsula, Israel, Italy and south eastern Europe.
Global Commercial Head
• Actively prospect for new business to a pre-specified target audience within a defined geographical area;
• Recognize and develop potential business development opportunities during technical interactions with the client;
• Organise and attend kick-off meetings with clients either virtually or in person. You will be supported by our team of subject matter experts;
• Sell exclusive contracts for SGS and lead the regional roll out and sales strategy for new SGS solutions offerings in alignment with the Global Head of Marketing & Sales;
• Utilize the laboratory capability and resources of the Cyber Lab network within Europe and other SGS affiliates;
• Produce accurate and detailed proposals and quotations for clients in accordance with SGS procedures, policies and pricing structure;
• Responsible for forecast planning and ensuring that SGS has the necessary capabilities and bandwidth to supply contracted services to clients;
• Make sure that all necessary information is obtained from the client in order to provide an accurate quotation. You will be responsible for answering customer RFIs and RFPs;
• Keep up to date with latest technical and regulatory industry news and trends and communicate them to the client base.
• Educated to degree level in Information Management, Information Security, IT Business management or a similar field;
• Proven work experience in IT security, Information Security and ISO auditing;
• Familiarity with process maturity models and risk management;
• Understanding of the latest security principles, techniques and concepts;
• Understanding of compliance requirements and regulations across different regions;
• Experience in communicating information and developing reports related to information and IT security;
• Experience in project management and relationship management.
• Educated to degree level, ideally in Information Security & Technology, Computer Science, Physics, Informatics or Electrical Engineering;
• Proven ability of actively prospecting for new business, finding openings in new companies, and turning leads into contracts;
• Skilled networker who can develop their own network internally within SGS business units, affiliates and our clients;
• Good understanding of areas such as penetration testing, security evaluation, cryptography and secure management systems;
• Customer-orientated with a consultative approach to selling and developing relationships with clients and internal stakeholders;
• Background of working within a start-up organization beneficial and able to work within a matrix organisation and verticalized structure;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Able to use social media to source sales leads and create talking points among the cyber community;
• Fluent in English and other languages are a benefit.
• Applies judgment and acts according to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
Required SGS leadership competences
• Develop Self and Others: Identifies and prepares self or others for future roles. Supports/coaches others to achieve defined objectives. Creates and implements personal and/or team member development plans.
• Delivers Superior Results: Sets higher standards of performance. Fosters a sense of urgency to exceed targets. Works to exceed customers’ expectations. Strives for operational excellence. Delivers short-term wins that build on long-term goals and sustainable success
• Influences Internally & Externally: Seeks to understand others' needs and interests to build trust. Convinces others to change the way they think and act. Tailors his/her message to the audiences' needs. Generates engagement and commitment from others.
• Collaborates Effectively: Goes beyond ‘borders’ to connect with others. Shares information and resources across countries / businesses / teams. Leverages diversity to work efficiently. Seeks out and replicates better practices. Overcomes barriers that inhibit interaction
• Embraces Change: Anticipates the need for change. Seeks out new and improved ways of doing things. Overcomes the barriers to change. Implements change in a timely and effective manner. Champions the importance of change.